Hi guys, welcome back to Hitsbase.com – This is a platform that will give you all the help and guidelines on how to cook jollof rice without making mistakes or paying huge amount of money just to learn how to cook, here we give selfless help and guide and this guide are all free and convenient for all user.
Meanwhile, let introduce some of the relevant things that will help us prepare our delicious delicacy. Jollof rice is one of the most popular and common delicacies eaten by almost all west African countries.
History and Origin of Jollof Rice
Based on my research jollof rice was originated from the Senegambian region that was ruled by the Jolof Empire and then it spread throughout the region linking Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, and beyond, many of which continue to thrive till today.
What is Jollof Rice
Jollof rice as it is commonly known is derived from the name of the Wolof people. Jollof rice is one of the most popular and common delicacy eaten by almost all west African countries. it is prepared with rice and flavored tomatoes with ingredients.
Hence, Jollof rice is eaten at various places such as- our homes, parties, at offices and many more.
Is Jollof Rice Nutritional?
Yes, it is nutritional in nature, rice which is the main source contains carbohydrate, it is also served with chicken or any other meat of your choice and they contain protein.
Other Country that Eats Jollof Rice
Moreover, These are some of the countries that eat and enjoy jollof rice as much as we do, and they are.
3. The Gambia
4. Cote d’Ivoire
9. Sierra Leone
Ingredients on How to Cook Jollof Rice
- 3 cups of Rice
- Fresh chill pepper
- Scotch bonnet
- One large onion
- Medium-sized of Ginger
- Medium-sized of Garlic
- One tablespoon of thyme
- One tablespoon of curry
- Medium-sized of crayfish
- Two Knorr chicken cubes
- Chicken, meat, beef or any meat of your choice
- Add salt to taste
1. Wash the rice about three times to remove dirt, and parboil.
2. In a large pot, heat the cooking oil, add the sliced onions and fry for 3minutes.
3. Add the Tomato Paste and fry for about 5 minutes, then add the Garlic, Ginger, and mix together.
4. Add the pepper and some water, then allow to boil
5. Add your seasoning, Thyme, Curry powder, salt to taste, and Knorr Chicken Cubes. Leave to cook for 5- 7 minutes.
6. Then, add the rice into the same pot. Add cover it to boil.
7. Reduce the heat from the gas to medium size to avoid it from burning and steam until the rice is done.
8. Fry your meat or chicken
9. Your delicious Jollof rice is ready to be served
How to Prepare Jollof Rice
1. Wash the rice to remove dirt and starch, then set aside.
2. Cook and fry the chicken or meat.
3. In a big pot, heat the oil and add the sliced onion, fry for some minutes, and then add your tomatoes, curry powder, thyme, scotch bonnet, fresh pepper, and stir.
4. Add some water in the same pot, add seasoning and a little salt to taste. Then, cover the pot and allow to cook for about 10minutes.
5. Add the rice into the pot and stir, cover the pot, and allow to cook for 20-25minutes.
6. It is ready to be served.
What it can be Served with?
1. Fried chicken
3. Goat meat
5. Fried plantain
Therefore, feel free to make your comment and contribution to How to Cook Jollof Rice in the comment box below and we shall get back to you immediately. Meanwhile, you can also share page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it. Thanks.