How to Cook Ewedu Soup : – Welcome to our platform. We’re glad to have you here, making use of our services. How to Cook Ewedu Soup will enable you to have a successful and delicious meal.
Moreover, we shall be doing our best to inform and guide you on the steps and procedures that are required in other to come out with the best result. And other relevant things that you should know about in this recipe.
Furthermore, Ewedu is a popular soup eaten by Africans, and it is mostly eaten by the Yorubas, it is also called or known as Jute or Molokhia leaves.
Ewedu is green leafy vegetable soup. It is a native soup of the Yorubas and it is served with Amala, Eba, Pounded yam, or fufu. It is very delicious and nutritious.
Meanwhile, Ewedu soup is very easy to prepare, it no longer as difficult and time-consuming as it uses to be when we worked our arms tirelessly to smoothen the Ewedu leave with an Ewedu broom (Ijabe). Now, we make use of the blender to smoothen it and it is very easy to use and quick to prepare.
Ingredients For Preparing Ewedu soup
Ingredients for making ewedu soup is as follows;
- 1 big bunch of ewedu leaf
- 5 pieces meat
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 4 cubes of maggi
- 2 tablespoons of grounded crayfish
- 1 tablespoon locust bean(iru)
- 1 small cup of water
The following steps surely will not mislead anyone trying to cook this delicacy but a successful and delicious meal.
1. Wash your meat thoroughly, and pot in a clean pot
2. Add, the seasoning into the meat pot
3. Then, place it on medium heat and allow it to boil for 10 minutes and set aside.
4. Pick your Ewedu leaves, make sure you don’t pick the stalk or the stem
5. Wash the leaves thoroughly to rid it of dirt and sand.
6. Also, add some water into the pot and put the ewedu leaf and boil for 2-3 minutes, then add the locust beans, continue to boil till tender, for about 8-10 minutes.
7. Take down the ewedu leaf from the heat and allow to cool.
8. Then, by using the blender, add the ewedu and Iru add a little water and blend together.
9. Transfer the Ewedu back into the pan or pot, add the ground crayfish, Maggi cube, and salt to taste. And stir.
10. Also, add your meat.
11. Let is simmer for 3-5 minutes, and stir occasionally to avoid burn.
Meanwhile, if you happen to have any complaints. Please write to us by making use of the comment section below on How to Cook Ewedu Soup. Share it through your Social Media platform and page. We would love to hear from you. Thank you.