How to make Abacha & Ugba – It will be our most pleasure to give you guidance on the steps and procedures to successfully prepare African Salad Recipe. And we will be using this platform to share some related information. That would be of great benefit to your been on the platform.
African salad is also known as “ABACHA”. It is an African delicacy that is mostly eaten by the Igbos, this recipe is a tasty meal that is loved by many people in Africa.
Moreover, this African salad recipe is one of the most popular food eaten in eastern Africa. It is actually made from cassava and it is a food that is usually served after the main meal.
Furthermore, there are many ways to make this delicious meal. The secret of this meal is the more your ingredients the more you get a super and a richer taste. We ask that you follow us till the end. In order to get the full package that we have for you.
How to Process African Salad Recipe From Cassava
There are a lot of processes involved in obtaining the Abacha that is used in preparing the African salad that we are going to discuss.
But if you live in developed cities you probably wouldn’t need to go through this process, you can actually buy them from the market.
- African Salad Recipe which is known as Abacha is the finished product of cassava.
- The first step to take is to get the cassava tubers.
- Wash it thoroughly and boil along with water for twenty to thirty minutes then pill to remove the brown outer layer, and cut to tiny bits.
- The sliced cassava is then soaked in water for 24 hours. The last thing to do would be to wash thoroughly with clean water then sun-dry and store in an airtight place.
- Then sun dry it
NOTE: the dried cassava chips can last more than a year if stored in an airtight dry environment.
Methods of Preparing Abacha & Ugba
Place the dry African Salad Recipe in a bowl and soak in cold water for about 8 minutes until it softens.
Pour hot water over the dry, stir well, and leave to soak for 2-3minutes. Then pour it into a sieve and let the water strain.
Ingredients For Preparing African Salad
Here are the ingredients that are needed for preparing African salad
- 2 Cups Ugba
- 4 Cups of Palm Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Edible Potash (Akaun)
- Fresh Fish or meat
- 2 Tablespoon chili pepper
- 1 big Onion
- 4 Garden Eggs (Optional)
- 5 Utazi Leaves
- 2 Tablespoon Crayfish Powder
- 3 Nutmeg Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ogiri
- Knorr Cubes or Bouillon Cubes
- Salt to taste
How To Make Abacha & Ugba
1. Firstly, wash your fish or meat thoroughly. then, add curry, bouillon cube, and salt.
2. Soak the dry Abacha in a hot water or cold water to soften, this will take 10-15 minutes. Drain all the water.
3. Dissolve the ground akaun (potash) in some water and use a sieve to remove particles. And set aside
4. Rinse the Ugba in warm water to get rid of dirt and set aside.
5. Slice the onion and blend the crayfish, pepper, and ehuru together.
6. Pour the palm oil into a clean pot, add the potash liquid and mix until the color gradually change to yellow and the mixture becomes thicker too.
7. Add the crayfish, pepper, diced/pounded onions, the ground ehuru, ogiri, and stockfish, mix thoroughly until well combined.
8. Now, place the pot on a low heat, add in the abacha, stir and combine.
9. Then, remove from heat after 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with Onion rings, Garden Eggs, Utazi leaves and Fried Fish
Therefore, make use of our comments box right below you if you face any issues or having any problem with How to Make African Salad Recipe. Our team is standing by to assist you once we get your message in the comment box.
Meanwhile, you can also share our page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it. God bless.