FRSC Recruitment 2021 Application form: Federal Road Safety Corps is a Government Agency with statutory responsibilities for road safety administration in Nigeria. Founded in 1988, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) operates in all Nigerian states as well as the Federal Capital Territory and is the leading agency in Nigeria on road safety administration and management.
Hence, the statutory functions include: Making the highways safe for motorists and other road users as well as checking road worthiness of vehicles, recommending works and infrastructures to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of road discipline on the highways.
Also, the FRSC is currently headed by Boboye O Oyeyemi, MFR, mni, whose title of Corps Marshal is the highest rank in the Corps ranking system.
FRSC remains the leading Agency in Nigeria on road sfety administration and management.
Establishment of FRSC
Therefore, Prior to the establishment of the Federal Road Safety Commission in 1988, there was no concrete and sustained policy action to address the violent killing on Nigerian roads. Earlier attempts in this direction were limited to discrete and isolated attempts by some states of the federation and individuals.
Furthermore, Notable among the efforts to institute a formidable road safety program was the effort of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) between 1960 and 1965.
Therefore, the effort of the Nigerian Army in the training of its officers and men on road safety in the early 1970s also contributed to road safety ideas and consciousness in Nigeria:
Also, the Nigerian Army started the First Public Road Safety Campaign in 1972 when it initiated an annual Road Safety Week which was a huge success.
FRSC Recruitment Requirements 2021
The requirements for FRSC recruitment 2021 are listed thus;
1. Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
2. Also, you must not be less than 18 years or more than 30 years (35 years will be considered for medical doctors).
3. Hence, applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters for males and 1.63 meters for females in height.
4. Applicants must be single.
5. Be free from any form of financial embarrassment.
6. Provide a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
7. Applicants must be mentally and physically fit by paramilitary standard.
8. Be of good character and must not been convicted of any criminal offence.
Functions Of FRSC
The functions of the Commission generally relates to:
1. Making the highway safe for motorists and other road users.
2. Educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of discipline on the highway.
3. Recommending works and devices designed to eliminate; or minimize accidents on the highways and advising the Federal and State Governments; including the Federal Capital Territory Administration and relevant; governmental agencies on the localities where such works and devices are required.
The commission, in particular, is charged with responsibilities of the following:
1. Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways.
2. Also, they educate drivers, motorists, and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways.
3. Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators.
4. Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway.
5. Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices.
6. Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway.
7. Maintaining the validity period for drivers’ licenses which shall be three years subject to renewal at the expiration of the validity period.
8. Hence, they regulate the use of sirens, flashers, and beacon lights on vehicles other than ambulances; and vehicles belonging to the Armed Forces; Nigeria Police, Fire Service, and other Para-military agencies.
9. Providing roadside and mobile clinics for the treatment of accident victims free of charge.
10. Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists.
11. Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods; of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches.
12. Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices.
13. Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in the prevention of accidents on the highways.
14. Making regulations in pursuance of any of the functions assigned to the Corps by or under this Act.
15. Hence, determining, from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant for a driver’s license.
16. Designing and producing vehicle number plates.
17. The standardization of highway traffic codes.
18. Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents.
Rank And Salary Structure of FRSC
Officers in FRSC are paid according to their ranks and level as in any military outfit in the country. This is not limited to the Nigeria Navy, Army, Air-force and even the police.
|Rank||Basic Annual Salaries|
|Chief Inspector (CI)||₦1,405,449|
|Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI)||₦1,325,234|
|Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI)||₦1,252,038|
|Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI)||₦1,143,539|
|Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI)||₦1,058,416|
|Marshal Inspector I (MI-I)||₦777,876|
|Marshal Inspector II (MI-II)||₦548,387|
|Marshal Inspector III (MI-III)||₦393,442|
|Chief Road Marshal Assistant (CRMA)||₦966,761|
|Deputy Road Marshal Assistant (DRMA)||₦539,048|
|Senior Road Marshal Assistant (SRMA)||₦387,428|
|Road Marshal Assistant I (RMA I)||₦349,589|
|Road Marshal Assistant II (RMA-II)||₦319,741|
|Road Marshal Assistant III (RMA-III)|
How To Apply For The FRSC Recruitment 2021
All FRSC Recruitment must be done online on their official portal.
1. Visit the FRSC Recruitment portal on http://www.recruitment.frsc.gov.ng/
2. Upload all relevant and compulsory documents alongside scanned documents of your credentials.
3. Hence, SUBMIT once satisfied with the upload.
4. Therefore, attach valid documentation and recent passport photograph.
Meanwhile, you can drop your email with us here to keep you updated with the latest information about the FRSC Recruitment 2021 Application form.