DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021 Portal: The Department of State Security (DSS) is one of the security agencies in Nigeria. They are fully responsible for the domestic security of the country.
Therefore, they are a brute police force that deals with the chaos that happens within Nigeria. Furthermore, as a Fulfillment of one of the promises made in his first national address as president; Ibrahim Babangida June 1986 issued Decree Number 19.
This decree dissolved the National Security Organization (NSO) and re-structured Nigeria’s security services into three separate entities under the Office of the Co-coordinator of National Security.
Hence, following this restructuring, the State Security Service (SSS) became responsible for domestic intelligence, with Director-General Ismaila Gwarzo and Deputy Director Lt. Col. A.K. Togun while the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) handled external intelligence and counterintelligence.
Hence, DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021 Portal form, the DSS is the main security agency in Nigeria today, this body plays important role in the provision of security to the president of Nigeria,
Also, the DSS also provides security for all state governments in the 36 states of the federation.
Furthermore, the federal government relies heavily on the Department of state services. Apart from the provision of heavy security for the presidency, state governors, and senior government officials, DSS also has the responsibility of gathering intelligence in the country.
Also, the State Security Service is responsible for protecting all past presidents as well as their spouses. Also, presidential and vice-presidential candidates must get protection from the State Security Service too.
General Requirements of the Department of State Services (DSS) 2021
Furthermore, Prospective candidates must be in possession of the following to be able to apply for the ongoing DSS recruitment 2021. The requirement is listed thus:
1. Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
2. Hence, a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in another relevant discipline in the quantitative field
3. Also make sure that you are physically and mentally fit.
4. Higher national diploma in relevant discipline in the quantitative field Computer literacy and conversant with Microsoft office.
5. Also, Note, pregnant women are not eligible to apply.
6. Applicants must be between the age range of 18 years to 30 years.
7. NYSC discharge certificate (exemption letter not allowed)
8. Applicants must possess WAEC certificate and First School Leaving Certificate.
9. Birth Certificate from a recognised hospital or from population commission
10. Local Government of origin attestation
11. 2 passport photographs
12. Application letter for the post of a cadet officer.
Department Of State Services Salary And Ranking
Therefore, According to a reliable source of information; we can authoritatively reveal to you that the Director-General of the State; Security Service receives up to N1 million per month.
However, no information could be obtained about how much the other members of staff of the State Security Service receive per month.
Also, this is because information about their salaries is classified and not made available for public consumption.
However, the average net salary for State Security Service (SSS) at the Department of State Service; Nigeria is about ₦210K. Salary estimated from 2 employees.
6. Staff Sergeant.
Commissioned Officers | DSS Nigeria Recruitment 2021
1. Second Lieutenant
4. High-Ranking Officers
How To Apply For The DSS Recruitment 2021
Note: applicant can only apply from his/her state of origin,Visit your state DSS office.
All DSS jobs and recruitment must be addressed to
The Director General
State Security Service
Meanwhile, you can drop your valid email with us here to get the latest updates via the ongoing DSS recruitment 2021.