Common Eye Infections | Prevention Of Eye Infections
Common Eye Infections: The eyes allow us to see. Each one is about 2.5cm (1 inch) across, but only a small part is visible as each eye sits in a protective bony socket in the skull. Each eye has a colored part (Iris) with a small opening (Pupil) that lets in light.
A lens in the center focuses light on a “screen” (retina) at the back of the eye to form an image. Nerve cells in the retina translate images into electrical impulses that travel through the optic nerve to the brain to be analyzed.
Do Not Miss Out On >>>> How To Take Care Of Natural Hair
The front of the eye has a protective layer (cornea) and an outer membrane (conjunctiva) that is constantly bathed in a fluid to keep the surface clean. Meanwhile, on this page, we are going to tell you all you should know about common eye infections anyone can face.
Millions of people out there have been sending messages regarding the infections. That is the more reason our team has to create this page to address this particular issue. To get the information you are searching for we advise you to read down the page to find out more.
Common Eye Infections
At this point, we are going to look at the infections of the eyes. We will not like to waste your time, let’s outline all the major common eye infections.
1. Amertropia: A focusing error of the eye.
2. Amblyopia: Poor vision in one eye.
3. Presbyopia: Loss of near-range focus ability.
4. Myopia: This is the inability of a person to see any far object. This is because the rays are being focused on that of the retina by too powerful refraction and objects are behind.
It can be corrected by using a supplementary concave lens to displace the point of convergence backward onto the retina.
5. Cataract: The lens opacity occurring overtime.
6. Exophthalmos: A soft tissue swelling in the eye socket causing one or both eyes to protrude.
7. Hypermetropia: This is the inability of a person to see an object that is near. This is because the light rays are conveying behind the retina.
It can be corrected by the use of an additional artificial, convex spectacle lens to supplement the converging power of the natural lens and to focus the rays sharply on the retina.
8. Astigmatism: This results from the lens/ cornea system being more curved in one place than another. It can be corrected with the use of the cylindrical lens.
9. Glaucoma: This is a condition that raises the pressure of the fluid within the eye.
10. Conjunctivitis: This is inflammation of the conjunctiva.
Now, that you have seen the Common Eye Infections. It is very important to see your doctor if you are facing one or two problems of eyes. Go ahead and visit any nearby hospital for treatment.
Prevention Of Infections
At this point, we are going to outline all the major ways you can be able to prevent the infection. There are as follows.
Use good light when reading or doing any form of work.
Do not look directly at an electric bulb or sun.
Do not fix your eyes intently to watch television.
Also, do not hold a book two near the face.
And do not sit or watch in a completely dark room.
Eat food rich in vitamin A.
Do not forget, My dear, you can as well make use of our comments box right below. If you have any questions and contributions to this topic.
Feel free to tell your friends and family in any part of the world by using those buttons below the page. Thinks as you share our page with your friends. That is all we can ask from you.