FIRS Recruitment 2021/2022 – Apply;- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) was created in 1943. Prior to that time, its functions had been performed by the Inland Revenue Department of British West Africa.
The Board of Inland Revenue was created in 1958; and the service gained autonomy with the passing of the FIRS (Establishment) Act 13 of 2007. Then, In 2003, the Federal Government of Nigeria recognized poor service delivery in the public sector.
It became an urgent national issue and undertook a series of steps; that lead to the entering into a Service Compact (SERVICOM) with all Nigerians in March 2004.
Hence, this was followed by the creation of the SERVICOM office within the Presidency; to ensure the entrenchment of excellent service delivery in the public; sector in policy, programmes, and practice.
Furthermore, In line with the subsequent Presidential Mandate; the FIRS created a unit in 2014 to institutionalize Service Delivery within the Service.
Thus, this unit has undergone various transformations to meet the tempo of ever-changing; FIRS organizational reforms and the needs of the taxpaying public and stakeholders.
Then, In 2011 FIRS created a Taxpayer Service Department (TPSD); for enhanced focus on taxpayers as well as the National Taxpayer Advocate position; (in 2012) to ensure effective high-level advocacy for taxpayers.
Roles of the FIRS Agency
My dear, The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS); is the agency responsible for assessing, collecting, and accounting for tax and other revenues; accruing to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
FIRS Recruitment Requirement 2021
At this point, we are going to look at the requirements. It is very important that you know all the requirements while applying.
Prospective candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility requirement listed thus;
1. A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field
2. possess strong leadership and management skills
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
4. Understanding of Nigeria Tax Laws and application
5. Also possess strong analytical skills
6. Must be willing to conduct an inquiry into the affairs of small companies as requested.
7. Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application; and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates.
8. Also possess strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate.
9. Must be computer literate
10. Team personnel
Now that you have seen all the requirements the next thing is to look at the salary structure. Without wasting so much of your time let start right away.
Salary Structure of FIRS
An average FIRS staff placed on Grade Level 8 is paid N1,247, 854 per annum. That is about N103,987 per month before pension and tax deductions.
A FIRS Staff on Grade Level 7 is paid N1,073,217 per annum. That is about N89,434 per month before pension and tax deductions. Please note that we could not verify the real salary structure from the FIRS.
Organisational structure of FIRS Board
1. Executive Chairman
2. Nine members with relevant qualifications and expertise appointed; by the President to represent each of the 9 geo-political zones
3. A representative of the Minister of Finance not below the rank of a Director
4. The Chairman of the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission
5. A representative of the Attorney-General of the Federation
6. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria or his representative
7. The Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission or his representative
8. The Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission or his representative
9. The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
10. The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service or his representative not below the rank of Deputy Comptroller-General.
How To Apply For The FIRS Recruitment 2021
Meanwhile, visit the FIRS recruitment 2021 online portal via www.firs.gov.ng to register for the FIRS Recruitment 2021/2021.
The steps are listed thus;
1. Applications can be done online or offline
2. All online applications must go through the official FIRS Recruitment platform.
3. Visit the FIRS recruitment portal@ http://www,firs.gov.ng/careers
4. Select job you are applying for and view the requirements
5. Then, apply for the job online.
Offline FIRS Recruitment 2021 Application
You can write to the FIRS for your recruitment needs by addressing your letter and documentation and sending to:
“Federal Inland Revenue Service
Revenue House (Annex III)
SokodeCrescent, off Michael okpara St.
Wuse, Zone 5
Meanwhile, the FIRS recruitment form has not been activated yet thus, disregard any news you see about firs recruitment. We will update you once the form comes out.
Hence, we are going to keep you updated whenever the form is online. We will show you how to Apply, and the general requirements.