Health Benefits Of Turmeric- Turmeric is a spice that is of the ginger family, which the roots are basically used for cooking. It is used to color and flavor foods. It also a major ingredient that is added to curry to give it the orange color. Some people have also used it as a dye.
Turmeric contains a chemical known as curcumin, which is its active ingredient. Curcumin is a strong antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory effects. Turmeric has so many health benefits, which will be discussed in this article. It has been used to treat and control some health conditions in different parts of the world.
You will like to know ==== How To Take Care Of Natural Hair
Turmeric has been used in Asian countries for its medicinal values. It is also widely used for cosmetic reasons. But in this article, we will concentrate on some of its health benefits.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric – How It Control Health Conditions
The health benefits of turmeric include but not limited to the following:
1. Anti-inflammatory: the curcumin in turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory, therefore, it helps to subside or treat inflammatory conditions.
2. Depression: depression symptoms are reduced by the consumption of curcumin, which is a chemical found in turmeric. Research shows that this is significant in patients that are using an anti-depressant.
3. Premenstrual syndrome: consumption of turmeric few days (5 – 7days) before the menstrual period and few days after, helps to control pains and behaviors associated with the premenstrual syndrome in women.
4. Body antioxidant capacity: consumption of turmeric increases the antioxidant capacity of the human body. The curcumin in turmeric, as an antioxidant, and also due to its chemical structure, can neutralize free radicals.
5. Reduces the risk of cancer: turmeric is an antioxidant, and this antioxidant helps the body’s natural immunity to changes that can cause the development of cancer.
6. Improves brain condition: turmeric helps to improve brain condition in many ways which include but not limited to: helping with brain cell regeneration, helping to fight oxidative changes and free radicals that might lead to Alzheimer with its antioxidant property.
7. Anxiety: Studies show that curcumin in turmeric can control behavioral symptoms associated with anxiety.
Do not miss ==== Steps To Make Coconut Oil At Home
8. Prevention of liver diseases;
Some researches show that curcumin can prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases due to its anti-inflammatory property and anti-oxidant benefits. Turmeric also improves liver function
9. Arthritis: studies have shown that curcumin consumption slows down osteoarthritis progression and also reduces pain.
10. Pain relief: turmeric can relieve pain. Some seem to support this.
11. Digestion: turmeric aids digestion.
Tumeric has flooded the Nigerian market as the demand is getting higher as the day goes by. Its use and benefits cannot be overemphasized.
There are still other health benefits of turmeric that are not included in this article, but I hope that the few I listed above will help you find what you are looking for. If you have any question concerning this article, kindly use the comment section below.