ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account @ www.protonMail.com
ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account:- ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted email service with over 2 million users.
ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
But ProtonMail isn’t one of those. ProtonMail is a 100% encrypted email service with either free or pay with a little token monthly – still, yet be rest assured that your information is not traded.
Also, nobody (but you alone) can access your ProtonMail account and contents – neither a disgruntled employee nor a lawyer waving a subpoena. You have your complete privacy year-in-year-out.
Meanwhile, it has come to our knowledge that many mobile users find it very difficult to Create ProtonMail Account or even to log in to an account. Also, ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account.
So that is the major reason why we have deemed it necessary to composes these articles but before then here are the major features of ProtonMail Account.
Why use ProtonMail?
- Ensure your emails stay private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
- End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
- Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
- Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
- Open source: ProtonMail’s encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
- Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, with no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
- Swiss privacy and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the world’s strongest privacy laws
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
- Create a new protonmail.com email address with automatic PGP key creation and management
- Send and receive encrypted emails and attachments automatically
- Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
- Quickly organize emails with customizable swipe gestures and labels
- Get push notification of new emails
- Send password-protected encrypted emails to non-ProtonMail email addresses
How to ProtonMail Sign Up – Create a ProtonMail Account
The steps below show you how to start and finish the ProtonMail Sign Up a new account.
- Visit the ProtonMail main page – www.protonmail.com, click on the “Sign Up”.
- Select the free option to further open-up the snappy detail of the free account that you’re about to open. Then click on “Select Free Plan”.
- Fill the form appropriately Start by choosing a username. Then select between @protonmail.com and @protonmail.ch – your Protonmail email address should end with. The next is creating a password. Choose a strong password that no one can easily guess right. We have mentioned on this page how to create a strong password you can always remember. Your recovery email. This email is needed to recover your account in case you are logged out, or forgotten your Portonmail login ID and password. Though is optional, it’s better to have it filled. You can fill in other email services (like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, Yandex mail, etc) to be your Protonmail’s account recovery email. Click on “Create Account” to proceed.
- ProtonMail checks if the username you choose is available before going to the next page.Now, you have to proof that you’re human. There are options to select from; SMS, email, and by donation. Verification code is sent to your number and the alternative email.
You will be providing the detail of either option you select between Email and phone number. Check your email inbox or SMS for the code.
More… On ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account
Once you click the “Complete Setup”, Protonmail should be creating your account. This will take a few seconds to complete. Sit tight while the account is been created.
- You will be redirected to your new Protonmail account after the creation is completed.
- Next, you will be seeing on the screen is to choose what your display name will be. By default, your Protonmail username (without the @protonmail.com) is used, but you have the privilege of editing it now. Though can still be edited later, if you don’t want to make the changes now.Make your changes and click “Finish”.
Congratulations! You have completed the ProtonMail new account registration process and logged in.
Now that you’re logged in to your ProtonMail account, there are tutorials you may want to follow to help get started in the ProtonMail Inbox.
One of them is the ability to personalize your ProtonMail layout. This feature allows you to customize your inbox experience and appearance.
By clicking on the Personalized icon you will be able to switch between two possible layouts or set your composer style, adjust button layouts, and even switch themes under “Settings” >> “Appearance”.
Just like you can do in other email services; Gmail and Yahoo mail, you can also manage your email with folders and labels. This includes removing, editing and deleting any folder you desire.
Steps to ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account
1. Visit myaccount.protonmail.com
2. Enter your Email username (Gmail ID) and Password.
3. Check to make sure that your ProtonMail Login details are correct, and then click “Login button”.
4. Thereafter, you will be taken to ProtonMail Homepage Email interface.
5. Click on the ProtonMail box button to see your messages and to send one.
How to Recover Protonmail Password
If you forgot your Login password, click on the “Need help” button. If you are a two-password mode user resetting your Mailbox password, click on the “forgot password?” button on the Decrypt Mailbox page.
- Click on the “Reset password” button. (Those resetting their Mailbox password will skip this step.)
- On the reset password page, enter your username and recovery email and click on the “Reset password” button.
- “Confirm” that you would like to reset your password.
- We will send an email with the reset code to your recovery email address. Please be sure to check for this email in your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox. Meanwhile, do not close the reset page, or you will void the recovery code we sent and you will need to repeat the recovery process.
- Enter your recovery code and click on “Reset password”.
- You will then be shown a warning message informing you that resetting your password is permanent and will render all encrypted messages in your inbox permanently encrypted. This means that you will be able to see the emails in your Mailbox and their metadata (sender, subject, etc.). But you will not be able to see the body of the messages or any attachments.
- Once you understand that this step is permanent please enter the word “DANGER” with capital letters and click on the “Reset” button.
- Enter your new password twice and click on “Reset password”.
- You now have a new ProtonMail password. For two-password mode users, your account has been reverted to one-password mode.
If you use 2FA to access your ProtonMail account, please note that resetting your password will automatically disable your 2FA. In this case, you will need to manually enable it again by going to your ProtonMail Settings -> Security -> Two-Factor Authentication.
To change your ProtonMail password follow the steps listed below:
- Go to your ProtonMail Settings page.
- In the Password section, click Change Password to set a new password.
Important Tips to Avoid Losing Your Password
We STRONGLY RECOMMEND following these tips when setting a new password.
- Write down or save to a document, the new password that you set. Don’t rely only on a password manager to save it.
- After you enter your new password, click on show at the right of the password field so that you can view your password to verify that you typed it correctly.
- If you are copy and pasting passwords, make sure you have no extra spaces at the end, and make sure you copy the entire password. Due to the possibility of copy/paste errors, we don’t recommend copy and pasting when setting your password. Similarly, if you have problems logging in, try typing the password instead of copy/pasting it.
Creating a strong password
To keep your account safe, here are a few tips on how to create a strong password:
- Use a different password for each of your important accounts, like your email and online banking accounts. Choosing the same password for each of your online accounts is like using the same key to lock your home, car, and office – if a criminal gains access to one, they can break into all.
- Use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
- Try using a phrase that only you know. For example, “My friends Tom and Jasmine send me a funny email once a day” and then use numbers and letters to recreate it. “MfT&Jsmafe1ad” is a password with lots of variations.
If you face any issues while on ProtonMail Login: Create new ProtonMail Account. All you have to do is to make use of our comments box right below.